Does my mobile have NFC?
NFC or Near Field Communication is a radio technology for short-distance data transmission. Apparently, the question about whether our mobile has this chip should be easy to answer, reviewing the technical specifications of the model. However, we are faced with one of those details that is usually left out of the list of basic characteristics or that can change from one version to another. And the way to find out is not the same depending on the type of mobile in question.
In the case of Android , we propose the following options:
- As a first resource, go to your specifications table. However, as we said before, this chip is one of the data that dance the most from one version to another and from one region to another. Sometimes the same model has NFC in one country and not in another.
- Exceptionally, as in the case of the Sony Xperia 1, the mobile itself may have the NFC logo printed on it, although this is not normal.
- Another way to find out is from the quick settings panel, seeing if the button to activate and deactivate the NFC appears.
- It is also relatively easy and fast to go to the Android Settings and enter the Connections section.
- Finally, there are applications that show you your mobile hardware, such as Device Info HW. There is even a app specifically for this case: NFC Enabled.
If you have an iPhone , the answer to the question is much simpler. All models from iPhone 6 have NFC, although its use is much more restricted than on Android. In fact, for years it was used exclusively for transactions with Apple Pay. However, since iOS 11 Apple is progressively opening its use, allowing applications from third-party developers to read this type of chip.
NFC technology can be applied to different uses, such as sending files, paying with your mobile or connecting to the WiFi network without using the password. As time passes, the possibilities offered by this technology are more and more numerous. For example, this chip allows us to use the Messagenes stickers to automatically connect with a WhatsApp account, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc. You can find more information about these products at the following link: